The Annotated Data Protection Act 1998 regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in relation to your personal data.
Byteback Computers is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and that it complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out how BUSINESS will treat personal information that you provide to us when you use this site. It also outlines how we use internet cookies as well as some of the security measures that we take in order to protect your privacy.
Byteback Computers is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Byteback Computers may change this policy periodically by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 10th July 2012.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather:
- We require this information to allow us to process your registration and efficiently administer transactions and deliveries as well as to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Byteback Computers is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small text file stored on your device.
Our cookies help us to:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable information to third parties
Specifically we use the following cookies on Byteback Computers:
Necessary functional cookies:
- Random String Name (Session cookie, expires when you close the website.
- jpanel_sliders (Session cookie which helps control the sliders on our services page)
- jpanel_database_sliders (Session cookie which helps control the sliders on our services page)
- jpanel_panel_sliders (Session cookie which helps control the sliders on our services page)
- jpanel_plugin_sliders-10035 (Session cookie which helps control the sliders on our services page)
- _utmz (All four of these cookies are placed by Google Analyitcs which is the software we use to monitor page popularity, source of visits and other information we use to improve our website).
If you choose to modify your browser settings to block some or all of the cookies you do so on the understanding that certain parts of the site may not function correctly, and no preferences will be stored by us.
Additionally we use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website and service, as well as helping us to identify where our visitors come from.
How to manage cookies in Internet Explorer:
IE7, 8 & 9: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
How to manage cookies in Firefox:
How to manage cookies in Google Chrome
How to manage cookies in Safari
Safari 4 for Windows: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3657
Safari 4 for Mac: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3643
How to manage cookies in Opera
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Unsubscribing from promotional emails:
Customers who wish to stop receiving marketing email communications or amend their preferences can do so quickly and easily. All marketing emails include an 'Unsubscribe' link. Please note that emails relating to the status of orders or transactions will still be sent and received.
Controlling your personal information:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.